Call Today 781.596.0151
Helping You Navigate Your Immigration Law Needs

Lynn Employment Visa Attorney

Results-Oriented Immigration Lawyer Always At the Ready

The Immigration and Nationality Act provides a yearly minimum of 140,000 employment-based immigrant visas. However, these visas are contingent on a whole series of proper documentation and petitioning. From pursuing a labor certification from the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL), to filing a petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services in the Department of Homeland Security (USCIS), to filling out the Immigrant Petition Alien Worker Form I-140, you need a trusted and experienced Lynn immigration lawyer to walk you through the process of securing employment-based permanent residency in the United States.

We are always available to speak to you. Contact us today at (781) 596-0151.

Understanding Employment Visa Preferences

E-1 first preference visas are reserved for:

  • Persons whose extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics has been widely recognized and documented on a national or international level

  • Internationally acclaimed professors or researchers with three or more years of experience in teaching or research

  • Executives or managers employed by an overseas affiliate, parent, subsidiary, or branch of a U.S. employer

E-2 employment second preference visas may be granted to:

  • Professionals holding a degree beyond a baccalaureate degree

  • Professionals with a baccalaureate degree as well as five or more years of progressive experience in the profession

  • Persons with ability in the arts, sciences, or business significantly above that typically encountered within the field

E-3 employment third preference visas can be given to:

  • Skilled workers performing a job that requires at least two years of training or experience

  • Professionals with at least a university bachelor's degree

  • Other workers whose positions require less than two years of training or experience

E-4 employment fourth preference is for:

  • Applicants that are the beneficiary of an approved I-360 Petition for Special Immigrant

E-5 employment fifth preference covers:

  • Applicants who file Form I-526, Immigrant Petition by Alien Entrepreneur and invest between $500,000 and $1,000,000, into a commercial enterprise in the United States which creates at least 10 new full-time jobs for other lawful U.S. residents

Your Advocate at Bos Legal

The USCIS and their immigration laws are in place to protect the health, welfare, and security of the U.S. This means that just because you apply for an employment-based visa, does not mean you are guaranteed to get one. In order to give yourself the best chance of doing everything correctly the first time and securing your visa, you should speak to a Lynn immigration lawyer today. Together we can examine if you have any cause for concern that may make you an inadmissible candidate, organize and prepare your personal documentation, and help ensure you go about the process in the proper manner.

Our immigration lawyers have been serving clients throughout the state of Massachusetts for years. Call us at (781) 596-0151 today.

Employment Visa FAQs

  • I own a foreign company, do I need to invest $1 million into the U.S. economy in order to get an Immigrant Visa?
    Usually no. Often time, people confuse the E-2 Treaty Investor with the E-B5 which is the fifth preference employment based immigrant visa. Under the E-B5, a foreign national may come and invest in the United States. If approved, the person does not need a labor certification and usually a visa is immediately available. The person must invest at least $ 1 Million in a populated area or $500,000 in a less populated (rural) area. This is a substantial amount of investment for most foreign nationals and also is not a small number for U.S. residents or citizens. Thus, this category is not practical for most investors. If the foreign national is a national of a “treaty country,” one that has a Friendship and Commerce Treaty and/or a Navigation and Commerce Treaty with the U.S, then the foreign national may apply for an E-1 Treaty Trader or the E-2 Treaty Investor visas, depending on the person’s qualifications. The person does not have to invest one million dollars. In fact, the person does not even need to invest hundreds of thousands of dollars. The Immigration and Naturalization Act and federal regulations require only that the investment to be “substantial.” Substantiality is entirely dependent on the type of investment. For example, opening or purchasing and operating a junk yard may require a higher investment than opening or purchasing a convenience store or a retail shop at a mall.